Peer-reviewed Journal Articles:
- Leak, Setiono, Gangrade, Mudrak (2019). Youth Willingness to Purchase Whole Grain Snack Packs from New York City Corner Stores Participating in a Healthy Retail Program.
- Leak, Aasand, Vickers, Reicks (2018). The Role of Adolescents From a Low Socioeconomic Background in Household Food Preparation: A Qualitative Study.
- Overcash, Reicks, Ritter, Leak, Swenson, Vickers (2018). Children Residing in Low-Income Households Like a Variety of Vegetables.
- Tester, Leung, Leak, Laraia (2017). Recent Uptrend in Whole-Grain Intake Is Absent for Low-Income Adolescents, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2005–2012.
- Leak, Swenson, Rendahl, Vickers, Mykerezi, Redden, Mann, Reicks (2017). Examining the feasibility of implementing behavioural economics strategies that encourage home dinner vegetable intake among low-income children.
- Laraia, Leak, Tester, Leung (2017). Biobehavioral Factors That Shape Nutrition in Low-Income Populations: A Narrative Review
- Leak, Swenson, Vickers, Mann, Mykerezi, Redden, Rendahl, Reicks (2015). Testing the Effectiveness of In-Home Behavioral Economics Strategies to Increase Vegetable Intake, Liking, and Variety Among Children Residing in Households That Receive Food Assistance.
- Leak, Benavente, Goodell, Lassiter, Jones, Bowen (2014). EFNEP Graduates’ Perspectives on Social Media to Supplement Nutrition Education: Focus Group Findings From Active Users
- Leak, Gangrade, Setiono, Mudrak. Facilitators and Barriers to Selling Whole Grain Snack Packs in New York City Corner Stores Participating in a Healthy Retail Program. Under Review
- Leak, Gangrade, Tester. Facilitators and Barriers to Preparing and Offering Whole Grains to Children Diagnosed with Prediabetes: Qualitative Interviews with Low-Income Caregivers. Under Review
- Tester, Leak. Increased Whole Grain Liking and Intake in Low-Income Youth with Prediabetes: A Food Delivery Pilot Study. Under Review
- Fuster, Leak, Galitzdorfer. Barriers and Facilitators to Promoting Healthy Dietary Behaviors Among Hispanic Caribbean Populations: Dietitians’ Perspectives. Under Review
Larson, Stang, Leak (2016). Nutrition in Adolescence. In: Mahan LK, Escott-Stump S, Raymond JL, eds. Krause’s Food & the Nutrition Care Process.
- Laraia, Leak (2016). SNAP Can Support Health: Lessons for California and the Nation.
- Berkowitz, Coborn, Leak, Lim, A, Zahid, M (2014). School Meal Regulations and Child Nutrition: Environmental Approaches to Improve Intake.
- Gangrade, Setiono, Leak (2019). Examining the Feasibility of Selling Whole Grain Snack Packs in New York City Corner Stores Participating in a Healthy Retail Program
- Leak, Aasand, Vickers, Reicks (April 2015). Exploring Adolescent Involvement in Home Meal Preparation.
- Leak, Swenson, Vickers, Reicks (April 2014). Feasibility and effectiveness of in-home behavioral economic strategies to increase vegetable intake among low-income children.